Levitra – A miracle concoction for sex-related impotence – Onlinegenericpills
Levitra tablets and orodispersible tablets contain the active ingredient vardenafil, which is a medicine used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction (impotence).
Mechanism of action:
Vardenafil is called a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor, and works by preventing the action of a chemical in the body called phosphodiesterase type 5.
An erection is produced via a complex chain of events, involving signals from the nervous system and the release of chemical messengers within the tissues of the penis. One of these chemical messengers is called cyclic GMP. Cyclic GMP causes the blood vessels in the penis to widen by relaxing a thin layer of muscle found in the blood vessel walls. This allows more blood to enter the penis, which ultimately results in the penis becoming rigid and erect.
Use with caution in
* Elderly men.
* Disease involving the heart and blood vessels (cardiovascular disease).
* Obstruction of blood flow out of the heart, eg due to narrowing of the aorta (aortic stenosis).
* Abnormal heart rhythm seen on a heart monitoring trace (ECG) as a ‘prolonged QT interval’.
* Low blood potassium levels (hypokalaemia).
* Bleeding disorders, eg haemophilia.
* Active peptic ulcer.
* Physical abnormality of the penis, such as severe curvature, scarring or Peyronie’s disease.
* Conditions such as sickle cell disease, bone cancer or leukaemia in which there is an increased risk of prolonged erections (priapism).
* Decreased kidney function (Levitra orodispersible tablets are not suitable for starting treatment in people with kidney problems and should not be taken by people with end stage kidney failure – the standard tablets should be used in these situations).
* Decreased liver function
This pill must not be taken with any form of nitrate medication, as this combination may potentially produce a severe drop in blood pressure. Nitrate medications include the following:
* glyceryl trinitrate, isosorbide mononitrate, isosorbide dinitrate (used for angina or heart failure – if you experience chest pain after taking this medicine DO NOT use nitrates to treat it)
* amyl nitrate (also known as ‘poppers’).
Vardenafil must not be taken with medicines called protease inhibitors that are used to treat HIV infection, for example ritonavir and indinavir, as these can cause the blood level of vardenafil to rise very high, thus increasing the risk of side effects.
If you are taking the antibiotic erythromycin you should not take more than 5mg of this drug in 24 hours.
Men who are older than 75 years of age must not take this product if they are taking any of the following medicines, as these medicines can cause the blood level of vardenafil to rise very high. Younger men taking any of these medicines should also avoid this medication:
* itraconazole (forms taken by mouth)
* ketoconazole (forms taken by mouth).
* Nasal congestion.
The tablets may be taken with or without food, but preferably not with a meal high in fat as this may delay their onset of action. The tablets should be swallowed whole with a drink of water.
Store at room temperature away from light and moisture. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep all medications away from children and pets.
moniteur des pharmacies le levitra.